Your water heater accounts for a large portion of your monthly energy bill which means that if your unit isn’t running properly, you could be wasting energy and money. Whether it’s time for an upgrade, your water heater failed completely, or you’re building a home and need a unit installed, the experienced team at Hi-Tech Plumbing & Leak Detect, Inc. can handle the job with professionalism and speed. Our team is comprised of expert industry technicians that can complete hot water heater installation for residential and commercial properties in Edmond, Oklahoma.
Edmond Water Heater Installation Services
The average water heater lasts 10 to 12 years, depending on the unit style. As your unit ages, there are warning signs that indicate your water heater is no longer performing as it should. It may be time to replace your water heater if you experience:
- Cold showers: If your showers are cut short or it take an extended period of time for your water to get hot, the water heater may be failing. Sediment can build up in the tank, causing the unit to work harder to heat the water supply through all of the buildup.
- Noises: Any loud clanging from the water heater is a sign of significant buildup and means the unit is overworking to try to heat the water.
- Leaks: A sure sign of your water heater’s expiration is a leak. Age and continuous use will cause the parts to deteriorate, which can lead to leaking water.
- Rust-colored water: Steel hot water heaters are susceptible to rust and corrosion. As the tank ages, that rust can transfer into your water supply, turning the water a faint brown or orange color.
Water Heater Repair Edmond, OK
At Hi-Tech Plumbing and Leak Detect Inc, we make the water heater repair process go as smoothly as possible. If your water heater is malfunctioning, but the age of the unit suggests a repair is in order rather than a unit replacement, our trained professionals will inspect the unit and determine the cause of the problem. Our team can handle different style water heater units and has the experience to repair:
- Storage water heaters: These conventional water heaters store the water in a large tank and keep the water hot and ready for use. Most units last 10 to 12 years.
- Tankless water heaters: As the name implies, these water heating systems do not store water, reducing the threat of corrosion and increasing the lifespan to up to 20 years.
- Heat pump water heaters: Electricity powers the units’ ability to transfer heat from one area to another. In order to work properly, the heat pump water heater must be in a space that’s at least 1,000 cubic feet and stays 40 to 90 degrees year round.
- Solar water heaters: Units that are powered by the sun’s energy are typically stored on the home’s roof or in the yard. Solar water heaters are equipped with storage tanks and solar collectors to provide hot water to the home. These units last upwards of 15 years.
Call Your Team of Local Experts to Install Your Edmond Water Heater Today
No matter the age or style of your water heater, Hi-Tech Plumbing & Leak Detect, Inc. is your service provider when you’re in need of repair or replacement. Our team will inspect your unit and provide options for your Edmond, OK water heat repair that fits within your timeframe and budget. Schedule your appointment with our team today.